Today we are going to show you how you can easily add a custom domain name to your blogspot website. When we were searching this on Google we had not found any proper tutorial about this topic. So we decided to make a tutorial post about this topic. In this tutorial our main motto is to add a custom domain page to blogspot website. In this tutorial we are using GoDaddy as our domain name provider. In this tutorial we will replace a blogspot website moneymakingebookcollection.blogspot.in with a custom domain name www.myebook.in . Kindly follow the written steps given below :
1. Go to your blogger account and click on “Settings”
2. Under Publishing Tab look for “Set up a third party URL for your blog”; just click on it.
3. After clicking on “Set Up a Third Party URL For Your Blog” you will see “Third Party Domain Settings” option; just put your custom domain name into the blank box. In this example we have put www.myebook.in . Kindly note when you write your domain name in the given box always include www. before the domain name otherwise you will get error message.
4. After putting the website name in the box just click on “Save” button.
5. When you will click the “Save” button you will get error message like this:
6. Don’t worry about the error message. Leave the page as it is and now open your domain registrar (From where you bought the domain). In this example we are showing GoDaddy as we bought the domain from GoDaddy.com. Click on “Manage My Domains” tab.
7. Under “Domains” click on your domain name
8. Under the domain name (myebook.in) now click on “DNS Zone File”
9. Under “DNS Zone File” look for “CName” and delete all the data there. See the picture below:
10. After deleting the CName data now click on “Add Record”
11. Choose “CName” under the Record type option. Now go back to your blogger (see step 5) and copy and paste the values under Cname . See the picture below:
Put the above data one by one under “Cname” like this:
12. After adding the Cname parameters just click on “Save Changes” button .
13. Now we have to add four “A” records. Click on “Add Records” >> Choose Record type “A” and fill up the boxes like this
14. After adding all the “A” records click on “Save Changes”
15. After adding all the 4 I.P. addresses you will see will “A” records like this:
16. Now if you look your blogger settings you will see a redirection like this:
17. Now Click on “Edit” button
18. Now tick the “Redirect” button and click on “Save” button.
In this way we have successfully add a custom domain for a Blogspot website. If you like this post feel free to comment below.